Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CALCASA's Thoughts About Our Response to Michael Murphy Critique


Check out CALCASA's thoughts to our response to Michael Murphy's article “Can ‘Men’ Stop Rape? Visualizing Gender in the ‘My Strength is Not for Hurting’ Rape Prevention Campaign.” Our response was recently published in the journal Men and Masculinities. (If you don't have access to the journal, please e-mail us to request it.)

I just read Pat McGann’s response to an article “Can ‘Men” Stop Rape?” published in the journal Men and Masculinity analyzing Men Can Stop Rape’s “My Strength Is Not For Hurting” posters. I did blog about this article when it was initially ePublished. While I do not use a “Batman and Robin” story to make my points (as Pat did in his response), I agree with Pat that we need to determine the value of prevention materials in part by looking how it serves prevention practice. Continue reading
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment